Governor of Imo state, Rochas Okorocha is now referred to by many as the most nepotistic governor having turned the state to his family business.
Himself and his extended family members are in-charge of the affairs of Imo state and travel around Nigeria in private jets maintained with tax payers’ money.
Some of the jets include;
– Learjet – ZS – KAA
– Gulfstream – N605JA
– Hawker Beechcraft
– Embraer Legacy – 5N – PZE
Recall that before he became governor of Imo State, he had put his private jet in the market for sale due to the high maintenance cost, but reversed his decision immediately he became governor.
Gov Okorocha is known to staff his cabinet with his wife, brothers and sisters, in-laws, and cronies, the worst in Nigeria apart from President Muhammadu Buhari’s cabinet.
See some key positions occupied by his family members;
– His son-in-law, Uche Nwosu married to his first daughter is presently his Chief of Staff, whom he is plotting to impose as the Governor of Imo state, come 2019.
– The Minister from Imo State, Prof. Anthony Anwukah is also his in-law, married to his second daughter, Uju Okorocha.
– His youngest sister, Ogechi Ololo, is his Deputy Chief of Staff as well as his S.A Domestic Affairs.
– His wife Mrs. Nkechi Okorocha is in charge of “Amnesty” in Imo State with a five billion naira budget.
– His eldest sister, Mrs. Geraldine Obinali, collects all market fees and fines in Imo State.
– His eldest brother, Gerald receives the account for all Motor Park tolls in Imo State.
– His younger brother, Okey is in charge at Imo Transport Company.
– His brother, Jude is in charge of revenue from sand dredging, and any laterite excavation pit in Imo State.
– His second Daughter, Mrs. Uju Rochas Anwukah is appointed as Board member Imo State Executive Council.
However, the Governor who claims to have built twenty-Seven General hospitals in Imo State in the last six years, only has one completed being run by his medical doctor friend like a private hospital.
It is also observed that he has never traveled in a commercial flight since he became the Governor, as he flies in different private jets and sometimes, he flies into Abuja three times in a day.
What more can one say about “NEPOTISM” after all these?
PROMO CURRENTLY ON: Adverts, Promotions, Special Features, Special Interviews and Sponsored Contents.
+234 816 016 4611
Please Like Us On Facebook: OLIKA Reporters